H/T: Emirates 24/7 and Men’s Health
I ran across this article in an online news website for the United Arab Emirates. I thought it would be interesting to see their take on the topic. Then I found out they stole their top 10 from the top 100 list at Men’s Health. Here’s my take on the top 10:
1) Jennifer Aniston – I never really got this one. Yeah, she’s pretty hot, but hottest of all time? Hardly.
2) Raquel Welch – Very nice, very classic beauty. But to be honest, I wouldn’t have thought of her for the list. Her career pretty much stagnated int he late 70’s.
3) Marilyn Monroe – I agree. A classic beauty that has remained to this day. Her style is instantly recognizable.
4) Britney Spears – Nope. Although hot and sexy, her time with Keven Federline and her bouts of public lunacy ruined it for me.
5) Madonna – Hot at one time, now just weird and gross.
6) Ursula Andress – Much like Raquel Welch, was hot and popular at one time, but has faded with time. I’d guess that most people under 30 wouldn’t recognize her name.
7) Bettie Page – I didn’t know who she was until I did a little research. I liked what I saw, but again she is someone who’s popularity has gone.
8) Pamela Anderson – Very hot, seems genuinely nice. Not sure how well she’ll be remembered as time passes.
9) Jane Fonda – Was reasonably hot in Barbarella, but otherwise I don’t see how she makes the list.
10) Angelina Jolie – Hot in a creepy scary – but good – kind of way. Again, not sure if she’ll stand the test of time.
So, since I only really agreed with one, with maybes on a few others, who would I replace them with?
Farrah Fawcett was down at #31 and deserves to be bumped up if only for Charlie’s Angels. Brooke Shields was at #42 – way too low. Barbara Eden was smoking in I Dream of Jeannie. Missing from the list altogether were Tina Louise and Dawn Wells of Gilligan’s Island. Who will ever forget Ginger and Marianne?